Frequently asked questions
How do I know if a guide can be trusted?PolandByLocals is an open marketplace, which means that the booking is made between you and the local guide. To ensure safe and trustworthy experiences, we follow 3 important steps:
- Quality check by PolandByLocals
We perform a thorough check from our headquarters in Gdańsk. We verify basic information, such as name, address, social media profiles, phone number, ID, payment details and description of the earlier experience. Also they need to pass a trial experience before they will start making our trips.
- Verification check by ambassadors
We work with an extensive network of 10+ locals ambassadors in Poland. Each new guide will be visited and checked by one of our ambassadors. They will check the location, take professional pictures, meet the guide and approve the experience.
- Review system
Every guest gets the opportunity to review his/her experience with a guide after the trip. The more reviews, the more people experienced this guide,the more you can trust him/her and the experience he or she offers. After the trip we will send you an email to review specific guide.
What happens if I would be disappointed by the guide?In case you have a bad experience with a guide, PolandByLocals will get in touch with both guest and guide to get at the bottom of the situation and to find a solution together. Your satisfaction counts more than anything!
Will I get my money back if a guide cancels the trip or doesn’t show up?Of course we understand that if a guide cancels the booking or does not show up this is very inconvenient. In such case the full amount will be refunded to you.
What is PolandByLocals?PolandbyLocals is a company which gathers local guides from all parts of Poland. From the mountains in the south to Balitic seaside, from countryside, through small towns tothe main cities. We create alternative trips which allows you to touch the real Poland and find the places outside the beaten tracks. Try, taste, see and feel the best what our country can offer you. We are travelers, guides, junketeers, outdoor activists and nature lovers. We are people from next door – we are Locals. We visited dozen countries, hundreds of cities and countless spots. The best placeswe discovered thanks to the locals we’ve met on our way. Now we are back at home and we want to show you our local world. Let’s do this together!
What kind of experience can I book?We offer five sets of experiences. You can choose from variety trips in general topics:We offer five sets of experiences. You can choose from variety trips in general topics:
- Tours here you will find the main trips, which takes the history, culture and food experience together.
- Active sightseeing such trips provide you a cultural and sport experiences. Try to find spectaculars places by bike, canoe or by foot. We offer long and short tracks, depends how fit you are or how tired you want to be.
- Local workshops offer you amazing contact with a local community. You can choose activity you want to learn and our local guides will do their best to introduce you to specific workshop.
- Find your roots is a special offer for those who are looking for special experiences. Have you ever thought about finding out your family’s past? Go to the places where your grandparents were born, grew up and worked. Get to know your family history, or perhaps go a step further and meet your relatives whose existence you would never expect. Interested in the exchange of photographs and listening to the reminisces of the past from another perspective?
- Create your trip If you’ve got your own idea of how you want to spend your time in our city, but don’t know how to do it, get in touch with us. Tell us what you expect and we will try to help you to fulfil your dreams. Locals know better how, where and when. Don’t go alone, it’ll be easierwith us.